I was nominated for my first ever blogger award! Thanks so much to Emma over at It’s a Readers Life (BookReviews5) Make sure to visit her site and check out some of her amazing reviews! Read on for my answers and my own nominations!
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you
- Nominate eleven new blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog
- Why did you start a book blog?
I live in a very small town and it’s hard to find people that I can share my love of books and writing…the blog gave me a chance to find my “tribe” online
- Which country do you want to visit the most and why?
Sicily! My fascination with the mafia, the wine, and the Tyrrhenian Sea views make it the perfect place for me.
- What is your favourite weather to read in?
Storms. Dark, heavy, foggy storms where the thunder rolls so loud it makes you grab a fuzzy blanket and light a fire.
- What is your favourite food?
Is coffee food? I could live on coffee. If not, I’ll go with anything Italian. Chicken scallopini, marsala, pasta carbonara, tiramisu, zabaglione…yep, I could go on for awhile!
- What is your biggest blogging accomplishment?
I haven’t been blogging long so probably just finding people to interact with and getting to learn more about them. It’s a very big blogging world out there and I feel like I’m finally making “blogger friends.”
- What is your favourite book series?
Probably the Notebook series from Laura Resau. It’s a little known YA series about a girl with a gypsy, free-spirited mother who moves her to a new country each year. In each country, she gets a new colored notebook to record her adventures.
- If you were stranded on a desert Island, what one thing would you take with you?
A satellite phone so I can get back home!
- What is your favourite book genre?
Literary fiction probably but I really do read across every genre. I like books more for what they are about than what marketing genre a publisher has pushed them into.
- Do you have any guilty pleasures?
Not really. I enjoy what I like and I rarely feel guilty for it!
- What is your favourite childhood book?
The Nancy Drew books. I still read them once in a blue moon when I start feeling nostalgic
- If you could be any character from a book, who would you be and why?
I’d want to be someone from the Great Gatsby. Not one of the main characters because they are pretty much all nuts. I just want to be one of the periphery characters who gets to go to all the wild parties and people watch the loonies so I can get more stories to write about!
- What is your favorite fall food and/or drink?
- What book do you recommend to other people most often?
- What’s your favorite social media hangout?
- What is the last sentence you read and what is the source?
- If you were forced to be a character in a horror book (or movie), who would it be?
- What book have you read the greatest number of times?
- Favorite book cover of all time
- What is your most prized possession (not a book!)
- What is the book you hold most dear and why?
- If you could only read one book over and over for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?
- Do you own a stuffed animal? Let’s see it!
Ramblings of an Aspiring Author
September 17, 2016 at 9:20 am
Congrats on your award!
LikeLiked by 1 person
September 19, 2016 at 6:02 am
Congrats on the nomination! And thank you for nominating me!
LikeLiked by 1 person